ginforce

Headed out in a friend's Sonata Phev

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:52 am

So this weekend I took a ride in my friends Sonata PHEV. It was a bit cool out but the weather didn't seem to effect the mileage too much. We did have the heat on the whole trip which was about an hour. My friend graciously let me drive the car and I have to say it was smooth and tight in its handling. Hugs the corners the way it should and seamlessly accelerates and decelerates. He chose the colour combo I really like for this vehicle - the black and chrome combo. As anticipated the interior was spacious and comfortable with all buttons and knobs in all the rights spots. The car always starts in Eco mode but whether you want to use the gas engine or the electric engine it is just a button click away. The Sonata comes with radar guided cruise control. My only complaint and it's really not a complaint is the trunk is a bit small compared to the luxury of room the interior has. I guess it came as a bit of a shock but I would rather lose some trunk room than leg room in the back any day. My friend says he has been getting 69 - 75 km for the mileage so impressive there too. This is a number one runner up for the family car. It really has a lot to offer.

splitmitten

Re: Headed out in a friend's Sonata Phev

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:15 am

So glad you liked it. They are not changing them much year by year but all in all that is a good thing

westernkicks

Re: Headed out in a friend's Sonata Phev

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:54 am

Thanks for the personal review. Always good to hear from a non sponsored source

Return to “Plug-in Hybrid Sonata Reviews”